Mount Gilead Mexican restaurant, La Cabanita, open for business
Finding your family roots– a free service at Mount Gilead Public Library
Kimball having strong year
MG all-star team competes at Ontario
Morrow County Humane Society opens first location
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development awards Morrow Metropolitan Housing Authority with grant - 4:45 pm
- Highland announces district calendar for 2016-2017 school year - 3:32 pm
- Northmor School District 2016 – 2017 calendar of events - 1:52 pm updated: 1:53 pm.
- Mount Gilead Mexican restaurant, La Cabanita, open for business - 12:30 pm updated: 1:01 pm.
- Mount Gilead Board of Education to vote on millage transfer - 12:13 pm
- Finding your family roots– a free service at Mount Gilead Public Library - 10:00 am
- No Limits Food Pantry in Edison open, accepting donations - 2:42 pm
- Mount Gilead School District 2016 – 2017 calendar of events - 2:27 pm
- Tri-Rivers to look to replacement levy for operational cost - 11:13 am
- Morrow County Humane Society opens first location - 9:47 am
- Second annual ‘Awakening’ held in Morrow - 4:03 pm
- Reflections: Remembering the Bicentennial - 6:16 am
- Mount Gilead: A 19th century history of the village - 6:06 am
- Cardington Police lose two part-time officers - 10:10 pm
- Morrow County Probate Court news - 3:54 pm
- Mount Gilead High School freshman, new student orientation slated for August - 2:58 pm
- Recent settlements in Morrow County’s Small Claims Court - 10:56 am
- State Highway Patrol investigating serious injury crash over the weekend - 10:02 am
- Local farmers, other growers say they are coping with dry summer - 3:32 pm updated: 3:34 pm.
- Cardington FFA heads to state camp - 2:48 pm
- July real estate transactions in Morrow County - 1:34 pm
- Mount Gilead student joins Ohio State study abroad trip to Honduras - 12:30 pm
- Morrow County approved marriage licenses - 11:08 am
- Mount Gilead Police calls for July - 4:18 pm
- Retired Mount Gilead educator named Tucker Award recipient - 11:55 am
- Cardington Mayor’s Court July 18 results - 11:19 am
- ‘Farm Days’ to make return to the Morrow County Fairgrounds in August - 9:12 am updated: 9:14 am.
- Mount Gilead Council approves FEMA grant for Fire Department - 4:07 pm
- Edison to join state audit group - 12:46 pm
- MCCC Member of the Month, Sherry Webb inspires admiration - 10:49 am
- Reflections: The lazy, hazy days of summer - 10:47 pm
- RNC: Ohio delegation overjoyed by ‘Down Under’ speech - 5:48 pm
- Highland files motion to block disruption of federal funding while transgender case presses on - 4:06 pm
- Morrow County to begin address accuracy project - 2:34 pm
- Cardington Library’s roof gets face-lift - 12:55 pm
- Mount Gilead hosts annual ‘Sweet Corn Festival’ - 11:11 am
- Mount Gilead residents voice zoning concerns at special Council meeting - 10:06 am updated: 10:13 am.
- Sparta United Methodist cooling down with August ice cream social - 3:31 pm
- Marriage enrichment workshop to be featured at Pleasant Grove Church of Christ - 1:33 pm
- Morrow County agencies partner with Mount Gilead Drug Mart for a cause - 12:23 pm
- Mount Gilead Class of ‘61 holding 55th reunion - 11:26 am
- Highland students make trip to Ohio FFA Camp Muskingum - 9:52 am updated: 10:24 am.
- Linnabarys celebrating 50th anniversary - 3:29 pm
- First Baptist Church bringing music to Mount Gilead - 2:54 pm
- Results from the July 5 Cardington Mayor’s Court - 12:40 pm
- St. John’s hosting ‘Deep Sea Discovery’ vacation bible school - 11:21 am
- Morrow County gathers to celebrate former Sheriff’s law enforcement career - 2:09 pm updated: 2:41 pm.
- Performing arts summer camp encourages students to find their own beat - 1:37 pm
- Cardington First UMC hosting school supply giveaway - 1:19 pm
- Former Mount Gilead Fire Chief, wife celebrating 50 years of marriage - 12:27 pm
Morrow County Humane Society opens first location
The Humane Society of Morrow County recently opened their first ever physical location since their inception over 40 years ago.The HSofMC is a 501(c)(...
Second annual ‘Awakening’ held in Morrow
More than 600 people responded to the “Awakening” during the three day event held on the lawn of a private residence near Cardington.Seate...
Reflections: Remembering the Bicentennial
Do you remember July, 1976?I enjoy looking at newspapers from the past and when I came upon the news from this month 40 years ago, I decided to share....
Mount Gilead: A 19th century history of the village
When one hears the name Youngstown they may immediately think of the city in Northeast Ohio. However, the village of Mount Gilead, known as Whetstone ...
Cardington Police lose two part-time officers
Cardington Village council accepted the resignation of one part-time police officer and ratified the dismissal of another during the regular meeting h...
Morrow County Probate Court news
Recent cases in Morrow County Probate Court:Motion for Continuance in the Estate of Marie A. Roach.Notice Payment of Funeral Bill in the Estate of Art...
Runners at Sweetcorn 5K
Four Morrow County School Districts were represented at the Morrow County Community Center Sweetcorn 5K last Saturday. Two runners were in from out of...
Special opportunities for waterfowl hunters
Waterfowl hunters are invited to participate in special drawings for controlled hunting opportunities, according to the Ohio Department of Natural Res...
IndyCar drivers test at Mid-Ohio
A number of IndyCar drivers took to the track at Mid-Ohio Thursday as part of a scheduled test day.The event, which was open to the public, featured d...
Hosack wins HOJGA tournament
Mount Gilead’s Zack Hosack took first place in the final Heart of Ohio Junior Golf Association tournament, which was held Monday at Marion Count...
Activities for Mid-Ohio campers during Indy 200 weekend
Honda Racing and the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course invite fans to get festive during The Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio weekend by camping and participating ...
Lori Hunt brings an artist’s touch to her Franklin Township farm
Morrow County Hospital physical therapy assistant, Lori Ann Hunt has an artistic side that few of her co-workers and patients may know. She has a h...
Former Morrow County Sheriff’s Deputy focuses on life after heroic service
Following former Morrow County Sheriff’s Deputy Brandon Moore’s long, ardous recovery from wounds he sustained in the line of duty, it bec...
Reflections: Remembering Mrs. Alice E. Van Sickle
I have long been fascinated by the career of the late Mrs. Alice E. Van Sickle, a name that is unfamiliar to today’s generations.While growing u...
Former Morrow County Sheriff’s Deputy finds strength through adversity
Often times when someone does an act that is selfless and heroic they are recognized and praised for two, three, maybe even six months.But eventually ...
Doug Brown, professional skateboarder credits Morrow roots for motivational mission
Doug Brown does more than just skateboard.Sure, the professional skater turned his childhood passion, which began during the summers he spent visiting...
Reflections: Remembering and honoring Independence Day
Next to Christmas, I like the Fourth of July as my favorite holiday. The traditional music played that day- “Stars and Stripes Forever,” t...
Knowing Ohio’s livestock tampering laws helps maintain responsible food prodcuation at Ohio’s fairs
Summer marks the beginning of fair season – a time when thousands of 4-H youth all across the state showcase the animal projects they have spent...
4 Projects to Breathe New Life into Your Home
As warmer weather approaches so do opportunities for homeowners to get outside and get to work on the home projects they’ve been dreaming of thr...
Apples bring flavor for the perfect picnic
There’s nothing like the perfect picnic or barbecue to slow down and reconnect with friends and family. This season, gather together guests and ...
Safe, Effective Options to Treat Pain
America is in the midst of an opioid epidemic. Sales of prescription opioids have nearly quadrupled since 1999. According to the Centers for Disease C...
Create Inviting Outdoor Spaces
The arrival of milder temperatures means dining al fresco, hosting neighborhood cookouts and enjoying intimate cocktail parties under the stars. When ...
Report: People in the Midwest actually appreciate hearing voice and music messages on hold
Generic ‘please hold’ messages are perceived as a major irritant for customers, but research has found people in the Midwest actually feel...
AgCredit announces profit sharing
AgCredit — one of northern Ohio’s largest lenders for farmers, rural homeowners and agribusiness—recently reported net income of $47...
In the red: Ohio women demand equal pay
COLUMBUS - It’s Equal Pay Day, an observance that symbolizes how far into 2016 women have to work to catch up to the wages men earned in 2015.De...
Central Ohio Center for Character Ethics adopted into BBB National Institute for Marketplace Trust
As part of its commitment to trust in the marketplace and ethical business leadership, the BBB Institute for Marketplace Trust (BBB Institute) is laun...
Auto sales up in February for Crawford, Morrow counties
February was a good month for year-to-year used auto sales in Crawford and Morrow counties.There were 321 used vehicles sold in February compared with...