Cardington High School Drama Club to perform “Charlie’s Aunt”
Cardington’s Glendale Cemetery Tour takes guests back in time
Highland jumps out to big lead in topping Cardington
Wolfpak Martial Arts in Mount Gilead graduates cub class students
Morrow County Chamber of Commerce welcomes Life Scout Kenton Kunze
- Cardington High School Drama Club to perform “Charlie’s Aunt” - 2:15 pm
- Cardington’s Glendale Cemetery Tour takes guests back in time - 11:22 am updated: 1:47 pm.
- Gilead Township Trustees look to voters to pass cemetery levy - 10:46 am
- Mount Gilead Council awards brush truck bid - 10:02 am updated: 10:29 am.
- Cardington Board of Education updates district on key matters - 9:29 am
- One dead in Saturday crash near Marion - 10:32 pm
- Second half miscues led to Ohio State loss at Penn State - 7:50 am
- Northmor beats Cardington in sectional VB tournament title tilt - 6:22 pm
- Wolfpak Martial Arts in Mount Gilead graduates cub class students - 9:08 am
- Morrow County Chamber of Commerce welcomes Life Scout Kenton Kunze - 9:01 am
- Results from the Oct. 17 Cardington Mayor’s Court - 3:50 pm
- Meet your candidate for Morrow County Commissioner — Burgess Castle - 10:48 am
- High School Football Computer Poll, Oct. 18 - 7:54 pm
- Update: Crash on State Route 95 results in fatality - 2:38 pm updated: 9:39 am.
- Area residents graduate TOPS program - 11:15 am
- Reflections: Election rancor more than a century ago - 2:59 pm
- Cardington Library to participate in grant project - 2:51 pm
- Highland High School names first quarter honors - 1:33 pm
- Fairview United Methodist Church anniversary celebration to conclude with ‘Singspiration’ - 12:33 pm
- Meet candidate for Morrow County Commissioner–Mike Porter - 11:17 am updated: 11:30 am.
- Morrow County Genealogical Society to host October meeting - 8:53 am
- Mount Gilead Police calls - 11:03 am
- Wednesday crash in Morrow results in fatality - 10:42 am
- Edison United Methodist Church hosting fall steak supper - 9:34 am
- Ohio State to conduct controlled prarie burn at Marion campus - 9:14 am
- Cardington-Lincoln Intermediate names students of the month - 3:22 pm
- Mount Gilead FFA members compete at state soil judging competition - 2:22 pm
- Mount Gilead FFA gets hands-on leadership training - 2:19 pm updated: 9:18 am.
- Voting for November general election opens today - 1:14 pm
- Edison Street Commissioner Reeder set to retire - 8:57 am updated: 9:23 am.
- Guest speaker coming to Fargo Wesleyan Church in Marengo - 2:44 pm updated: 2:56 pm.
- Cardington-Lincoln and Northmor hosted collaborative food training effort - 2:05 pm
- Highland High School class of ‘76 holds 40th reunion - 4:17 pm
- Highland boat challenge showcases student ingenuity - 3:39 pm
- Cardington Council approves financial ordinances - 3:31 pm
- ‘Apple Butter Festival’ brings record numbers to Mount Gilead State Park - 3:27 pm
- Reflections: A glimpse of life in Cardington in the 1800’s - 2:59 pm
- Lutheran Memorial Camp hosts ‘Apple Butter Festival’ - 2:37 pm
- Friends of Cardington to host ‘Walk in the Cemetery’ event at Glendale - 1:39 pm
- Morrow County Historical Society serves up omelettes on Saturday - 12:58 pm
- Cardington-Lincoln crowns high school homecoming king and queen - 11:02 am
- Morrow Democrats open “Ohio Together” office - 10:00 am
- Mount Gilead Public Library seeks support for one mill levy - 8:59 am
- Tribe Fever! Will you catch it? - 8:11 pm
- Mount Gilead Public Library welcomes Guiding Ohio Online member Jamaila Duffy - 10:12 am
- Mount Gilead Class of ‘66 holds 50th anniversary - 4:00 pm updated: 9:51 am.
- Morrow County Red Cross Volunteer recognizes community service - 9:43 am
- “Morrow Getting Ahead” project seeks to empower - 12:36 am updated: 12:39 am.
- Mount Gilead, Cardington grad two of Gleaners’ scholarship winners - 2:25 pm
- Hildebrand posthumously given Karen Fishburn Stewardship Award - 12:19 pm
Results from the Oct. 17 Cardington Mayor’s Court
The following cases were determined in Cardington Mayor’s court on Oct. 17:Mark E. Artz, Cardington, speed 25 mph in municipality, guilty, paid ...
Meet your candidate for Morrow County Commissioner — Burgess Castle
Candidate for County Commissioner Burgess Castle takes pride in the work he has done to improve Morrow County roads. Beginning in March of 2015 he spe...
High School Football Computer Poll, Oct. 18
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio High School Athletic Association released its weekly football computer ratings on Tuesday. The weekly computer ratings...
Update: Crash on State Route 95 results in fatality
Morrow County- The Mount Gilead Post of Ohio State Highway Patrol is currently investigating a two vehicle, fatal crash that occurred at approximately...
Area residents graduate TOPS program
Two members of the weight loss club “TOPS” (Take off Pounds Sensibly) graduated to the “KOPS” level (Keep off Pounds Sensibly)...
MG, Northmor advance CC teams to regionals
Mount Gilead and Northmor will be well-represented at Saturday’s regional cross country meet at Pickerington North, as both schools qualified bo...
Fish and wildlife doing well in Ohio
The first clear photographic evidence of a black bear sow with cubs in Ohio has been recorded in Ashtabula County, according to the Ohio Department of...
Highland volleyball moves on with win over MG
By ROB HAMILTONMCSSports@civitasmedia.comHighland advanced to district action on Saturday by dispatching Mount Gilead by scores of 25-13, 25-16 and 25...
Wednesday, Oct. 26• Northmor vs. Utica at Buckeye Valley, Division III volleyball district semifinal, 6 p.m.Friday, Oct. 28• Mount Gilead ...
Second half miscues led to Ohio State loss at Penn State
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. – It ended in a hurry.What once looked like it would be a comfortable victory quickly turned into a stunning 24-21 loss for O...
Reflections: Cardington’s centennial celebration
Cardington held a six day celebration in October, 1936, marking its centennial anniversary.Under the guidance of John Kientz, committee chair, a varie...
Reflections: Cardington celebrates 180th anniversary
Reading and rereading the 1880 Morrow County history book I find something new each time I peruse it. I discovered that Cardington is 180 years old th...
Reflections: Remembering my high school band days
I grew up in a musical family and although I was trained on the piano, I wanted to be in the high school band.The Cardington High School Band had beco...
Reflections: It’s Morrow County Fair week
It’s Morrow County Fair week and I love the Morrow County Fair, as I have stated before. In fact, I love all county fairs as I think they are th...
Mount Gilead family’s haunted house to make third annual trick-or-treat appearance
School is back in session, football season is underway, which means Halloween isn’t too far off.The holiday couldn’t come quickly enough f...
Historical perspective: Discovering paw paws with my dad
When I was a boy, one September, my Dad asked me if I would like to go hunting squirrels with him. Without hesitation, I could hardly wait.“But,...
Time to get ready for duck and goose seasons
Fall is finally here and with it comes my favorite season which is chasing those ducks and geese.The season could be promising with the continental po...
Tree stand safety always is important
The other evening I decided to take the pup out to work on some long water retrieves before it got dark. It was one of those evenings where we were se...
Let us all see the value of our work
You know you have a job to do, but sometimes there is something standing in your way.To write your column, you feel like you have to have the appropri...
Squirrel season opening soon
Sept. 1 marks the opener for squirrel season in Ohio and there is no better way to introduce a youngster to hunting. Ohio offers a very liberal and lo...
Historical perspective from Fulton
My ancestors traveled across the Atlantic in search of good farmland. When they arrived at a place that resembled their birthplace in Wales, they stop...
In the Mount Gilead Board of Education story that appeared in last week’s print edition, we incorrectly identified the pending millage transfer ...
Report: People in the Midwest actually appreciate hearing voice and music messages on hold
Generic ‘please hold’ messages are perceived as a major irritant for customers, but research has found people in the Midwest actually feel...
AgCredit announces profit sharing
AgCredit — one of northern Ohio’s largest lenders for farmers, rural homeowners and agribusiness—recently reported net income of $47...
In the red: Ohio women demand equal pay
COLUMBUS - It’s Equal Pay Day, an observance that symbolizes how far into 2016 women have to work to catch up to the wages men earned in 2015.De...
Central Ohio Center for Character Ethics adopted into BBB National Institute for Marketplace Trust
As part of its commitment to trust in the marketplace and ethical business leadership, the BBB Institute for Marketplace Trust (BBB Institute) is laun...
Auto sales up in February for Crawford, Morrow counties
February was a good month for year-to-year used auto sales in Crawford and Morrow counties.There were 321 used vehicles sold in February compared with...