- Morrow County observes Memorial Day - 10:17 pm
- Defining our true national debt - 9:51 pm
- Morrow County students graduate from Wilmington College - 4:14 pm
- Big Walnut Joint Fire District holding fire coverage meeting - 4:00 pm
- Jenkins-Vaughan Auxiliary Unit 97 meets - 11:23 am
- Mount Gilead student named to Heidelberg dean’s list - 3:56 pm
- Highland Elementary names students of the month - 2:38 pm
- Karen’s Kids Campus hosts grand opening event - 4:12 pm
- Ohio Wesleyan University names Marengo student to dean’s list - 4:00 pm
- Police calls: Juveniles were reportedly throwing fireworks at houses - 10:58 am updated: 11:00 am.
- Highland fourth grade student completes reading challange - 10:46 am
- 17-year cicadas making appearance throughout north central Ohio for the first time since 1999 - 1:36 pm updated: 2:23 pm.
- Joy and learning combine in heART bridges show at Tomorrow Center - 12:00 pm
- American Legion Marengo Memorial readied for remembrance - 10:15 am
- Cardington ready for graduation, senior night - 9:00 am
- Mount Gilead Public Library to look to levy for funding - 4:00 pm updated: 3:08 pm.
- Ohio Concealed Handgun License approved as background check - 3:01 pm
- Stamp Out Hunger drive nets large donation effort in Cardington - 2:36 pm
- Morrow County Historical Society sets grand opening date for July 9 - 1:37 pm updated: 2:19 pm.
- Barker Family Farms is ‘sowing’ success in Morrow County - 12:24 pm
- ‘Marengo Country Kids’ hold May meeting - 10:12 am
- Cardington Council to consider pay raise for village employees - 4:29 pm
- Police calls: Juveniles were reportedly throwing fireworks at houses - 1:12 pm updated: 10:55 am.
- Unemployment up for North Central Ohio area in April - 12:15 pm
- Local resident to turn 90 - 9:27 am
- Highland celebrates baccalaureate, passing of the flame - 11:33 pm
- Highland sends off 2016 graduating class - 12:00 pm
- Mount Gilead graduates class of 2016 - 11:31 am
- Morrow native returns to Mount Gilead to tour former county jail his childhood home - 10:24 am
- Cardington Mayor’s Court results- May 16 - 9:59 am
- First Presbyterian Church in Mount Gilead to host ‘Fourth Saturday Breakfast’ - 12:45 pm
- Northmor FFA heads to state convention - 12:00 pm
- Morels of Morrow County - 4:04 pm
- Cardington to host Civil War speakers - 3:51 pm
- US Route 42 paving project to start May 23 - 2:48 pm
- Cardington plans Memorial Day parade - 12:49 pm
- Morrow County Republican Women given ‘diamond award’ at state conference - 10:51 am
- Morrow native returns to Mount Gilead to tour former county jail his childhood home - 4:07 pm updated: 5:17 pm.
- Construction continues on Mount Gilead sewer project along State Route 95 - 1:43 pm
- Mount Gilead senior chosen as Morrow County Chamber of Commerce May student of the month - 11:17 am
- Scholarship created at Ohio State Marion to honor Morrow County natives - 9:55 am
- Northmor hosts annual FFA banquet - 4:34 pm updated: 4:06 pm.
- Morrow County Commissioners, Mount Gilead name street after former fire chief Dick Young - 4:01 pm updated: 4:04 pm.
- Cardington Board of Education approves reduction in force measure, five-year financial forecast - 3:22 pm
- Highland Board of Education wraps-up school year with May meeting - 2:34 pm updated: 4:07 pm.
- Heartbeat finds new home on Baker Street after 30 years of service - 10:56 am updated: 11:25 am.
- Memorial Day schedule of events in Morrow County - 9:54 am updated: 3:12 pm.
- Mount Gilead Fire Department to conditionally extend fire protection to Edison through 2017 - 6:28 pm
- Buckeye Training and Fitness Academy hosts open house, ribbon cutting event - 4:27 pm
- Fulton plans Memorial Day festivities - 3:08 pm
Ohio Wesleyan University names Marengo student to dean’s list
Ohio Wesleyan University announced its 2016 spring semester dean’s list. Mikayla Robinson of Marengo was named to the honor.To qualify for OWU D...
Highland fourth grade student completes reading challange
Jade Hubbard, a fourth grade student in Candace Thompson’s classroom at Highland Elementary, completed the 40-book challenge.She read 40 books o...
17-year cicadas making appearance throughout north central Ohio for the first time since 1999
The 17-year cicadas are taking over North Central Ohio, as the long dormant insects are popping throughout the area.The Brood V cicadas, as they are c...
Joy and learning combine in heART bridges show at Tomorrow Center
Tomorrow Center (TC) junior, Terrell Hopson pointed out his art projects with a smile at the heART bridges second annual art show last Friday. Hopson...
American Legion Marengo Memorial readied for remembrance
The American Legion Marengo Memorial, donated by Post 710, at Highland Community Park underwent a renovation recently.In May, some Highland NJROTC mem...
Highland’s Belcher competes in regional track meet
By ROB HAMILTONMCSSports@civitasmedia.comHighland’s Taylor Belcher competed in the Division II track and field meet at Lexington on Thursday.Par...
Track athletes advance to state in first day of regionals
By ROB HAMILTONMCSSports@civitasmedia.comThrough the first day of the Division III regional track meet, hosted by Fairfield Union High School, both th...
Three Northmor athletes sign to compete in college
Three Northmor student-athletes recently signed to continue their athletic and academic careers in college, as Isabelle Ditullio will run track and cr...
Mount Gilead track teams claim district titles
By ROB HAMILTONMCSSports@civitasmedia.comBoth Mount Gilead track teams took home championships at the Division III district meet held at Whitehall-Yea...
Wednesday, May 25• Division III regional track meet at Lancaster Fairfield Union, 4 p.m.Thursday, May 26• Division II regional track meet ...
Reflections: Remembering Cardington’s water tower
Every so often while moving along East Main Street I look up to where the water tower stood for 60 years.Most of us remember it as a Cardington land m...
Reflections: Memories of my mother
I’m writing this on Mother’s Day and as I do every day, I think of my mother in the most loving way, remembering all that she did for my s...
REVIEW: ‘Captain America: Civil War’ has too many characters
“Captain America: Civil War”By Bob GarverThe highlight of “Captain America: Civil War” is a six-on-six superhero-on-superhero ...
Mount Gilead McDonald’s bingo night a ‘winner’ among regulars
Floyd Wogan of Edison says he hasn’t missed a ‘Bingo Night’ at McDonald’s in Mount Gilead since they started last year.He̵...
Reflections: Looking back at past events in Morrow County
The title of this column is Reflections and this week I am going to reflect on some items printed in past editions of Morrow County newspapers.For ins...
REVIEW: “The Jungle Book” doesn’t measure up to “Zootopia”
While Disney continues to put out new hits like “Zootopia,” it’s also working hard to update its old hits. The live-action version o...
Be a superhero of summer safety
Summer is a time for playground fun, camping, boating, swimming, biking and other fun outdoor activities. Playground falls, lawnmower accidents, campf...
Simple Tips to Create a Pure Home
When you think about creating a better lifestyle for you and your family, you may first consider factors such as healthy eating and exercise. However,...
Fire up the Flavor
Love cooking on the grill, but want to do more than basic burgers and the same-old barbecue chicken? Try cooking up some delicious grilled dishes with...
5 common misconceptions about composite material
First introduced in the late 1980s, composite decking quickly gained acceptance among builders and homeowners who recognized and appreciated being abl...
Hunters have solid turkey harvest this season
Ohio hunters checked 17,793 wild turkeys during the combined 2016 spring wild turkey hunting season and youth wild turkey hunting season, April 16-May...
Checking email or flipping through channels instead of sleeping? Playing video games or browsing social media in bed? If you want to catch some qualit...
AgCredit announces profit sharing
AgCredit — one of northern Ohio’s largest lenders for farmers, rural homeowners and agribusiness—recently reported net income of $47...
Husted announces all-time record number of business filings for March
Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted today announced 10,478 new entities filed to do business in Ohio during March 2016. The previous record was achieve...
Central Ohio Center for Character Ethics adopted into BBB National Institute for Marketplace Trust
As part of its commitment to trust in the marketplace and ethical business leadership, the BBB Institute for Marketplace Trust (BBB Institute) is laun...
Auto sales up in February for Crawford, Morrow counties
February was a good month for year-to-year used auto sales in Crawford and Morrow counties.There were 321 used vehicles sold in February compared with...
Trying to keep with the Joneses? Consider saving instead of spending
COLUMBUS - Social media and the Internet make a person’s image seem important, but with money tight, some Ohioans can’t live the lifestyle...