Colonel Crawford runs to win over Mount Gilead
Morrow County Prosecutor, law enforcement officials meet with United States District Attorney
Mount Gilead family’s haunted house to make third annual trick-or-treat appearance
Chamber highlights Marengo business and events
Soccer debuts at Highland
- Parts of Mount Gilead State Park closed as part of construction effort - 3:04 pm
- OhioHealth Popcorn 100 Bike Tour looking for area riders - 2:53 pm
- Morrow County Prosecutor, law enforcement officials meet with United States District Attorney - 2:42 pm updated: 2:44 pm.
- Design Studio 27 to host grand opening, community event - 11:11 am
- Iberia Joint Fire District board of directors to begin meeting - 10:53 am
- Mount Gilead family’s haunted house to make third annual trick-or-treat appearance - 10:51 am
- Chamber highlights Marengo business and events - 9:53 am updated: 1:31 pm.
- Historical perspective: Discovering paw paws with my dad - 2:31 pm
- Highland High School student awarded by the Red Cross - 4:18 pm
- Mount Gilead Board of Education approves millage transfer, library levy language - 1:29 pm
- Mount Gilead Middle School student paints mural for new school year - 11:48 am
- Donley donating two-year Ford Escape lease to help United Way - 11:29 am
- Mount Gilead Public Library beginning knitting group - 9:46 am
- Dave and Linda Truax to celebrate 50th anniversary - 3:41 pm
- Cardington Food Pantry has strong donation in first half of year - 3:04 pm
- First Baptist Church of Mount Gilead holds concert - 2:35 pm
- Reflections: Movies return to the Cardington Park - 1:58 pm
- Cardington FFA welcomes new members at orientation event - 12:51 pm
- Ohio State Highway Patrol investigating fatal crash - 12:37 pm
- Historical perspective from Fulton - 12:31 pm
- Open house event scheduled at Tomorrow Center - 12:22 pm
- Results from the Aug. 15 Cardington Mayor’s Court - 12:04 pm
- Cardington to look into mural painting project - 11:57 am
- Cardington to show ‘The Goonies’ for movie in the park - 8:51 am
- Fall hunting season right around the corner - 3:52 pm
- Morrow County Genealogical Society heading to the OGS for August meeting - 9:24 am
- Morrow County TOPS Club welcomes Labo Tutor from Japan - 9:19 am updated: 1:40 pm.
- First Presbyterian Church holding fourth Saturday breakfast - 4:49 pm
- Cardington-Lincoln School District finishes year with positive cash balance - 11:55 am
- UPDATED: Two-vehicle crash results in fatality on 529 west of Cardington - 4:54 pm updated: 9:39 am.
- Cardington-Lincoln School District issues statement on transgender bathroom issue - 4:28 pm
- Highland Schools to host Rachel’s Challenge, an anti-bullying program - 3:05 pm
- Cardingtion-Lincoln student starts ‘Best Buddies’ program - 1:57 pm
- Mount Gilead Police aims to add new K-9 officer to roster - 11:43 am
- Schedule of events at the Morrow County Senior Fair - 2:54 pm
- Sheriff’s office brings budget concern to Morrow County Commissioners - 1:43 pm
- Mount Gilead seeking bids for Cherry Street repaving project - 11:05 am
- Auditions for ‘Pirates of Penzance’ to be held at Morrow Little Theatre - 3:16 pm
- Reflections: Recalling the octagonal outbuilding at the Cardington School - 3:01 pm
- Morrow County Project DAWN holding community training - 2:48 pm
- Johnsville Grace United Methodist Church holding ice cream social - 9:51 am
- Harris and Hazen to wed - 4:11 pm updated: 8:53 am.
- The 2016 Morrow County Junior Fair schedule - 1:23 pm
- Edison military mom sends care packages to soldiers - 3:34 pm
- Morrow County Fairgrounds undergoes year-long improvement process, readied for upcoming fair week - 2:37 pm
- Summer construction at Pine Lakes part of course’s improvement effort - 1:07 pm
- Local, statewide candidates speak to Morrow County Democrats - 9:13 am updated: 1:17 pm.
- Wayside Garden Club holds monthly meeting - 2:48 pm
- ‘Singspiration’ service to kick off Morrow County fair week - 11:11 am
- Morrow County Dog Shelter in need of pet adoptions - 4:48 pm
Mount Gilead Board of Education approves millage transfer, library levy language
Mount Gilead Exempted Schools will look to continue to improve the district’s infrastructure in the near future.A proposed inside millage transf...
Donley donating two-year Ford Escape lease to help United Way
ASHLAND — Donley Auto Group, in Ashland, Galion, Mount Vernon and Shelby, will donate a two-year lease of a 2017 Ford Escape to the United Way o...
Mount Gilead Public Library beginning knitting group
The Mount Gilead Public Library is starting a new knitting group called “Stitch One, Pearl Too.”Staff member Pearl will be leading the gro...
Dave and Linda Truax to celebrate 50th anniversary
Dave and Linda Truax are celebrating 50 years of marriage on Sept. 9.Linda retired after teaching for 30 years at the Gilead Christian Preschool.Dave ...
Cardington Food Pantry has strong donation in first half of year
The Cardington Community Food Pantry distributed 100,718 pounds of food during the first six months of 2016.In July 2016, the Cardington Food Pantry s...
IndyCar returning to Mid-Ohio in 2017
Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course announces that The Honda Indy 200 will return to the historic road course, July 28-30, 2017 as an integral part of its 56th...
Soccer debuts at Highland
Friday marked history at Highland Local School as they hosted their Fall Sports Madness event and introduced their first ever varsity soccer teams.It ...
Indian CC teams place well at Upper Sandusky
By ROB HAMILTONMCSSports@civitasmedia.comThe Mount Gilead cross country teams got off to a good start this season at the Upper Sandusky Invitational o...
Local teams get Tuesday wins in volleyball
By ROB HAMILTONMCSSports@civitasmedia.comHighland picked up a win in their first league volleyball match of the 2016 season by topping Fredericktown o...
Northmor volleyball teams improves to 3-0
GALION — Northmor beat North Union in four games Tuesday, 25-8, 22-25, 27-25, and 25-22.Jordyn Zoll had 27 assists to lead the Knights, who impr...
Historical perspective from Fulton
My ancestors traveled across the Atlantic in search of good farmland. When they arrived at a place that resembled their birthplace in Wales, they stop...
Reflections: Recalling the octagonal outbuilding at the Cardington School
The octagonal building, known as the Roundhouse, was a familiar sight at the Cardington School (Nichols Street) for many years and is recalled by a dw...
Edison military mom sends care packages to soldiers
Rennee Barron made an appeal at the Edison Council meeting Monday to join in her project “Freedom Support” to collect magazines, newspaper...
Summer construction at Pine Lakes part of course’s improvement effort
If you are a golfer in the Morrow County area, chances are you have seen, heard of, or even played at Pine Lakes Golf Course located just outside Moun...
Reflections: When the bridge went down
I received a phone call last week from a man who had grown up in Cardington and now lives in another county.He wanted to donate some old county newspa...
Reflections: Pests, rodents and other health hazards in my early years
A fly got in my house the other day - a rare happenstance because my doors don’t open that often nor are there that many flies here in town.I we...
Youth shoot at Cardinal Center this week
The Ohio Department of Natural Resources will be partnering with the Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation as they host their National Championship Ju...
To the Editor:I believe a recent letter to the Editor misrepresented Democrats and gun control.The Democrats’ sit-in was neither “thoughts...
To the Editor:Far from succumbing to a temper tantrum, at their Thursday sit-in demanding something besides “thoughts and prayers” for the...
Knowing Ohio’s livestock tampering laws helps maintain responsible food prodcuation at Ohio’s fairs
Summer marks the beginning of fair season – a time when thousands of 4-H youth all across the state showcase the animal projects they have spent...
A Smokin’ Father’s Day
If the surge in barbecue and smoking competitions across the country is any indication, grilling has become an art form. This Father’s Day, grab...
Report: People in the Midwest actually appreciate hearing voice and music messages on hold
Generic ‘please hold’ messages are perceived as a major irritant for customers, but research has found people in the Midwest actually feel...
AgCredit announces profit sharing
AgCredit — one of northern Ohio’s largest lenders for farmers, rural homeowners and agribusiness—recently reported net income of $47...
In the red: Ohio women demand equal pay
COLUMBUS - It’s Equal Pay Day, an observance that symbolizes how far into 2016 women have to work to catch up to the wages men earned in 2015.De...
Central Ohio Center for Character Ethics adopted into BBB National Institute for Marketplace Trust
As part of its commitment to trust in the marketplace and ethical business leadership, the BBB Institute for Marketplace Trust (BBB Institute) is laun...
Auto sales up in February for Crawford, Morrow counties
February was a good month for year-to-year used auto sales in Crawford and Morrow counties.There were 321 used vehicles sold in February compared with...