Soccer debuts at Highland
Historical perspective: Discovering paw paws with my dad
Highland High School student awarded by the Red Cross
Mount Gilead Middle School student paints mural for new school year
Northmor girls open CC season by winning own invite
- Historical perspective: Discovering paw paws with my dad - 2:31 pm
- Highland High School student awarded by the Red Cross - 4:18 pm
- Mount Gilead Board of Education approves millage transfer, library levy language - 1:29 pm
- Mount Gilead Middle School student paints mural for new school year - 11:48 am
- Donley donating two-year Ford Escape lease to help United Way - 11:29 am
- Mount Gilead Public Library beginning knitting group - 9:46 am
- Dave and Linda Truax to celebrate 50th anniversary - 3:41 pm
- Cardington Food Pantry has strong donation in first half of year - 3:04 pm
- First Baptist Church of Mount Gilead holds concert - 2:35 pm
- Reflections: Movies return to the Cardington Park - 1:58 pm
- Cardington FFA welcomes new members at orientation event - 12:51 pm
- Ohio State Highway Patrol investigating fatal crash - 12:37 pm
- Historical perspective from Fulton - 12:31 pm
- Open house event scheduled at Tomorrow Center - 12:22 pm
- Results from the Aug. 15 Cardington Mayor’s Court - 12:04 pm
- Cardington to look into mural painting project - 11:57 am
- Cardington to show ‘The Goonies’ for movie in the park - 8:51 am
- Fall hunting season right around the corner - 3:52 pm
- Morrow County Genealogical Society heading to the OGS for August meeting - 9:24 am
- Morrow County TOPS Club welcomes Labo Tutor from Japan - 9:19 am updated: 1:40 pm.
- First Presbyterian Church holding fourth Saturday breakfast - 4:49 pm
- Cardington-Lincoln School District finishes year with positive cash balance - 11:55 am
- UPDATED: Two-vehicle crash results in fatality on 529 west of Cardington - 4:54 pm updated: 9:39 am.
- Cardington-Lincoln School District issues statement on transgender bathroom issue - 4:28 pm
- Highland Schools to host Rachel’s Challenge, an anti-bullying program - 3:05 pm
- Cardingtion-Lincoln student starts ‘Best Buddies’ program - 1:57 pm
- Mount Gilead Police aims to add new K-9 officer to roster - 11:43 am
- Schedule of events at the Morrow County Senior Fair - 2:54 pm
- Sheriff’s office brings budget concern to Morrow County Commissioners - 1:43 pm
- Mount Gilead seeking bids for Cherry Street repaving project - 11:05 am
- Auditions for ‘Pirates of Penzance’ to be held at Morrow Little Theatre - 3:16 pm
- Reflections: Recalling the octagonal outbuilding at the Cardington School - 3:01 pm
- Morrow County Project DAWN holding community training - 2:48 pm
- Johnsville Grace United Methodist Church holding ice cream social - 9:51 am
- Harris and Hazen to wed - 4:11 pm updated: 8:53 am.
- The 2016 Morrow County Junior Fair schedule - 1:23 pm
- Edison military mom sends care packages to soldiers - 3:34 pm
- Morrow County Fairgrounds undergoes year-long improvement process, readied for upcoming fair week - 2:37 pm
- Summer construction at Pine Lakes part of course’s improvement effort - 1:07 pm
- Local, statewide candidates speak to Morrow County Democrats - 9:13 am updated: 1:17 pm.
- Wayside Garden Club holds monthly meeting - 2:48 pm
- ‘Singspiration’ service to kick off Morrow County fair week - 11:11 am
- Morrow County Dog Shelter in need of pet adoptions - 4:48 pm
- Morrow County students extend helping hand to kids affected by parents’ cancer - 2:39 pm
- Transportation Research Center holding lottery drawing for special deer hunt - 10:04 am
- County Road 29 bridge work begins as Morrow County Commissioners approve road contracts - 5:13 pm
- Gilead Street sidewalk project to begin in Cardington - 11:49 am
- Morrow turns out for Relay for Life - 4:10 pm
- New fire district aims to cover Iberia, surrounding area - 3:39 pm
- Reflections: When the bridge went down - 11:10 am
Cardington FFA welcomes new members at orientation event
It’s back to school time and for the Cardington FFA this means getting a group of new members.On Aug. 10, the chapter held its annual new member...
Ohio State Highway Patrol investigating fatal crash
Troopers from the Marion Post are investigating a fatal crash that occurred on Aug. 22.A 1976 self-assembled motorcycle was operated by Paul M. Fisher...
Historical perspective from Fulton
My ancestors traveled across the Atlantic in search of good farmland. When they arrived at a place that resembled their birthplace in Wales, they stop...
Open house event scheduled at Tomorrow Center
Parents, students and the community are invited to attend an open house and community resources fair at the Tomorrow Center on Sept. 8 from 3:30 - 6:3...
Results from the Aug. 15 Cardington Mayor’s Court
The following cases were determined in the Aug. 15 session of Cardington Mayor’s Court:Brian A. Brown, Marion, stop sign violation, guilty, asse...
Indian CC teams place well at Upper Sandusky
By ROB HAMILTONMCSSports@civitasmedia.comThe Mount Gilead cross country teams got off to a good start this season at the Upper Sandusky Invitational o...
Local teams get Tuesday wins in volleyball
By ROB HAMILTONMCSSports@civitasmedia.comHighland picked up a win in their first league volleyball match of the 2016 season by topping Fredericktown o...
Northmor girls open CC season by winning own invite
The Northmor Lady Knights opened their cross country season in style by taking first place in their own invitational Monday.Northmor finished with 31 ...
Cardinal Classic draws large crowd of shooters
A total of 1442 competitors took part in 15 events last week at the Cardinal Classic, hosted by Cardinal Center.Rainy weather early in the week took i...
Wednesday, Aug. 24• Mount Gilead at Centerburg, golf, 4:30 p.m.• Highland at Madison, girls’ soccer, 6 p.m.Thursday, Aug. 25• ...
Reflections: Recalling the octagonal outbuilding at the Cardington School
The octagonal building, known as the Roundhouse, was a familiar sight at the Cardington School (Nichols Street) for many years and is recalled by a dw...
Edison military mom sends care packages to soldiers
Rennee Barron made an appeal at the Edison Council meeting Monday to join in her project “Freedom Support” to collect magazines, newspaper...
Summer construction at Pine Lakes part of course’s improvement effort
If you are a golfer in the Morrow County area, chances are you have seen, heard of, or even played at Pine Lakes Golf Course located just outside Moun...
Reflections: When the bridge went down
I received a phone call last week from a man who had grown up in Cardington and now lives in another county.He wanted to donate some old county newspa...
Reflections: Pests, rodents and other health hazards in my early years
A fly got in my house the other day - a rare happenstance because my doors don’t open that often nor are there that many flies here in town.I we...
Reflections: Remembering the Bicentennial
Do you remember July, 1976?I enjoy looking at newspapers from the past and when I came upon the news from this month 40 years ago, I decided to share....
Youth shoot at Cardinal Center this week
The Ohio Department of Natural Resources will be partnering with the Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation as they host their National Championship Ju...
To the Editor:I believe a recent letter to the Editor misrepresented Democrats and gun control.The Democrats’ sit-in was neither “thoughts...
To the Editor:Far from succumbing to a temper tantrum, at their Thursday sit-in demanding something besides “thoughts and prayers” for the...
Knowing Ohio’s livestock tampering laws helps maintain responsible food prodcuation at Ohio’s fairs
Summer marks the beginning of fair season – a time when thousands of 4-H youth all across the state showcase the animal projects they have spent...
A Smokin’ Father’s Day
If the surge in barbecue and smoking competitions across the country is any indication, grilling has become an art form. This Father’s Day, grab...
Report: People in the Midwest actually appreciate hearing voice and music messages on hold
Generic ‘please hold’ messages are perceived as a major irritant for customers, but research has found people in the Midwest actually feel...
AgCredit announces profit sharing
AgCredit — one of northern Ohio’s largest lenders for farmers, rural homeowners and agribusiness—recently reported net income of $47...
In the red: Ohio women demand equal pay
COLUMBUS - It’s Equal Pay Day, an observance that symbolizes how far into 2016 women have to work to catch up to the wages men earned in 2015.De...
Central Ohio Center for Character Ethics adopted into BBB National Institute for Marketplace Trust
As part of its commitment to trust in the marketplace and ethical business leadership, the BBB Institute for Marketplace Trust (BBB Institute) is laun...
Auto sales up in February for Crawford, Morrow counties
February was a good month for year-to-year used auto sales in Crawford and Morrow counties.There were 321 used vehicles sold in February compared with...