Bosh and Jesson married at Pleasant Grove Church of Christ
Schedule of events for day two of the Morrow County Fair
Opening day at the Morrow County Fair
Cardington-Lincoln Public Library starting STEPS program
Opening day at the Morrow County Fair
- Bosh and Jesson married at Pleasant Grove Church of Christ - 2:00 pm updated: 2:06 pm.
- Schedule of events for day two of the Morrow County Fair - 10:50 am updated: 1:24 pm.
- Opening day at the Morrow County Fair - 12:22 am
- Cardington-Lincoln Public Library starting STEPS program - 3:31 pm
- Reflections: It’s Morrow County Fair week - 3:09 pm
- Opening day at the Morrow County Fair - 10:47 am updated: 11:57 am.
- Mayor of Chesterville Martha Taylor dead at 79 - 10:00 am
- Parts of Mount Gilead State Park closed as part of construction effort - 3:04 pm
- OhioHealth Popcorn 100 Bike Tour looking for area riders - 2:53 pm
- Morrow County Prosecutor, law enforcement officials meet with United States District Attorney - 2:42 pm updated: 2:44 pm.
- Design Studio 27 to host grand opening, community event - 11:11 am
- Iberia Joint Fire District board of directors to begin meeting - 10:53 am
- Mount Gilead family’s haunted house to make third annual trick-or-treat appearance - 10:51 am
- Chamber highlights Marengo business and events - 9:53 am updated: 1:31 pm.
- Historical perspective: Discovering paw paws with my dad - 2:31 pm
- Highland High School student awarded by the Red Cross - 4:18 pm
- Mount Gilead Board of Education approves millage transfer, library levy language - 1:29 pm
- Mount Gilead Middle School student paints mural for new school year - 11:48 am
- Donley donating two-year Ford Escape lease to help United Way - 11:29 am
- Mount Gilead Public Library beginning knitting group - 9:46 am
- Dave and Linda Truax to celebrate 50th anniversary - 3:41 pm
- Cardington Food Pantry has strong donation in first half of year - 3:04 pm
- First Baptist Church of Mount Gilead holds concert - 2:35 pm
- Reflections: Movies return to the Cardington Park - 1:58 pm
- Cardington FFA welcomes new members at orientation event - 12:51 pm
- Ohio State Highway Patrol investigating fatal crash - 12:37 pm
- Historical perspective from Fulton - 12:31 pm
- Open house event scheduled at Tomorrow Center - 12:22 pm
- Results from the Aug. 15 Cardington Mayor’s Court - 12:04 pm
- Cardington to look into mural painting project - 11:57 am
- Cardington to show ‘The Goonies’ for movie in the park - 8:51 am
- Fall hunting season right around the corner - 3:52 pm
- Morrow County Genealogical Society heading to the OGS for August meeting - 9:24 am
- Morrow County TOPS Club welcomes Labo Tutor from Japan - 9:19 am updated: 1:40 pm.
- First Presbyterian Church holding fourth Saturday breakfast - 4:49 pm
- Cardington-Lincoln School District finishes year with positive cash balance - 11:55 am
- UPDATED: Two-vehicle crash results in fatality on 529 west of Cardington - 4:54 pm updated: 9:39 am.
- Cardington-Lincoln School District issues statement on transgender bathroom issue - 4:28 pm
- Highland Schools to host Rachel’s Challenge, an anti-bullying program - 3:05 pm
- Cardingtion-Lincoln student starts ‘Best Buddies’ program - 1:57 pm
- Mount Gilead Police aims to add new K-9 officer to roster - 11:43 am
- Schedule of events at the Morrow County Senior Fair - 2:54 pm
- Sheriff’s office brings budget concern to Morrow County Commissioners - 1:43 pm
- Mount Gilead seeking bids for Cherry Street repaving project - 11:05 am
- Auditions for ‘Pirates of Penzance’ to be held at Morrow Little Theatre - 3:16 pm
- Reflections: Recalling the octagonal outbuilding at the Cardington School - 3:01 pm
- Morrow County Project DAWN holding community training - 2:48 pm
- Johnsville Grace United Methodist Church holding ice cream social - 9:51 am
- Harris and Hazen to wed - 4:11 pm updated: 8:53 am.
- The 2016 Morrow County Junior Fair schedule - 1:23 pm
Morrow County Prosecutor, law enforcement officials meet with United States District Attorney
Local Morrow County law-enforcement officials were recently paid a special visit by the United States District Attorney, Southern District of Ohio, Be...
Design Studio 27 to host grand opening, community event
A community event in Marengo and grand opening for Design Studio 27 will be held Sept. 10 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at 4560 SR 229 in Marengo.Design Studio ...
Iberia Joint Fire District board of directors to begin meeting
The board of directors of the Iberia Joint Fire District will meet on the first Tuesday of each month at 3612 Co. Rd. 49 ( Cramer Community Hall ) at ...
Mount Gilead family’s haunted house to make third annual trick-or-treat appearance
School is back in session, football season is underway, which means Halloween isn’t too far off.The holiday couldn’t come quickly enough f...
Chamber highlights Marengo business and events
Morrow County Chamber of Commerce President, Don Wiggins gave the floor to new members and members’ announcements at the Chamber’s Aug. 16 meeting...
Historical perspective: Discovering paw paws with my dad
When I was a boy, one September, my Dad asked me if I would like to go hunting squirrels with him. Without hesitation, I could hardly wait.“But,...
MG runners place highly at Pickerington
By ROB HAMILTONMCSSports@civitasmedia.comThe Mount Gilead boys’ cross country team took second place in the 21-team Pickerington Invitational on...
Wednesday, Aug. 31• Highland at Centerburg, golf, 4 p.m.• Northmor at Mount Gilead, golf, 4:30 p.m.Thursday, Sept. 1• Cardington at ...
Highland tops Big Walnut Saturday
By ROB HAMILTONMCSSports@civitasmedia.comHighland claimed another win on Saturday, topping Big Walnut 25-19, 25-17, 20-25, 25-21.Raina Terry finished ...
MG fourth at own invite
By ROB HAMILTONMCSSports@civitasmedia.comMount Gilead finished fourth in the 13-team Mount Gilead Invitational, which was held Saturday.Northridge won...
Northmor girls win at Seneca East
By ROB HAMILTONMCSSports@civitasmedia.comThe Northmor girls took first place in the Orange race at the Seneca East Invitational Saturday, scoring 54 p...
Cardington opens season with win; Scots fall on road
By ROB HAMILTONMCSSports@civitasmedia.comAn offensive explosion paced Cardington to a 49-13 win over Worthington Christian on the road Friday night.Th...
Reflections: Movies return to the Cardington Park
The scheduling of a movie in the Cardington American Legion Community Park on Aug. 27, the first such movie in many years, brings fond memories of my ...
Historical perspective from Fulton
My ancestors traveled across the Atlantic in search of good farmland. When they arrived at a place that resembled their birthplace in Wales, they stop...
Reflections: Recalling the octagonal outbuilding at the Cardington School
The octagonal building, known as the Roundhouse, was a familiar sight at the Cardington School (Nichols Street) for many years and is recalled by a dw...
Edison military mom sends care packages to soldiers
Rennee Barron made an appeal at the Edison Council meeting Monday to join in her project “Freedom Support” to collect magazines, newspaper...
Summer construction at Pine Lakes part of course’s improvement effort
If you are a golfer in the Morrow County area, chances are you have seen, heard of, or even played at Pine Lakes Golf Course located just outside Moun...
Reflections: When the bridge went down
I received a phone call last week from a man who had grown up in Cardington and now lives in another county.He wanted to donate some old county newspa...
Youth shoot at Cardinal Center this week
The Ohio Department of Natural Resources will be partnering with the Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation as they host their National Championship Ju...
To the Editor:I believe a recent letter to the Editor misrepresented Democrats and gun control.The Democrats’ sit-in was neither “thoughts...
To the Editor:Far from succumbing to a temper tantrum, at their Thursday sit-in demanding something besides “thoughts and prayers” for the...
Knowing Ohio’s livestock tampering laws helps maintain responsible food prodcuation at Ohio’s fairs
Summer marks the beginning of fair season – a time when thousands of 4-H youth all across the state showcase the animal projects they have spent...
A Smokin’ Father’s Day
If the surge in barbecue and smoking competitions across the country is any indication, grilling has become an art form. This Father’s Day, grab...
Report: People in the Midwest actually appreciate hearing voice and music messages on hold
Generic ‘please hold’ messages are perceived as a major irritant for customers, but research has found people in the Midwest actually feel...
AgCredit announces profit sharing
AgCredit — one of northern Ohio’s largest lenders for farmers, rural homeowners and agribusiness—recently reported net income of $47...
In the red: Ohio women demand equal pay
COLUMBUS - It’s Equal Pay Day, an observance that symbolizes how far into 2016 women have to work to catch up to the wages men earned in 2015.De...
Central Ohio Center for Character Ethics adopted into BBB National Institute for Marketplace Trust
As part of its commitment to trust in the marketplace and ethical business leadership, the BBB Institute for Marketplace Trust (BBB Institute) is laun...
Auto sales up in February for Crawford, Morrow counties
February was a good month for year-to-year used auto sales in Crawford and Morrow counties.There were 321 used vehicles sold in February compared with...