Northmor eliminated in district semis
Morrow County Development Office hosts manufacturing luncheon
Gompf to take over Galion, Crestline funeral homes
Cardington FFA welcomes new members
Highland girls battle back from deficit to top Ready
- Morrow County Development Office hosts manufacturing luncheon - 3:29 pm
- Gompf to take over Galion, Crestline funeral homes - 9:06 am updated: 10:04 am.
- Cardington FFA welcomes new members - 7:46 pm
- Morrow County ‘Land Bank’ recieves funding for blight elimination - 4:14 pm
- Veterans Day Dinner reservations now avaliable - 8:51 am
- Edison Enterprise Baptist Church crafts show and bake sale coming - 8:49 am
- Reflections: Memories of Cardington with no paved streets - 7:00 am
- Cardington High School Drama Club to perform “Charlie’s Aunt” - 2:15 pm
- Cardington’s Glendale Cemetery Tour takes guests back in time - 11:22 am updated: 1:47 pm.
- Gilead Township Trustees look to voters to pass cemetery levy - 10:46 am
- Mount Gilead Council awards brush truck bid - 10:02 am updated: 10:29 am.
- Cardington Board of Education updates district on key matters - 9:29 am
- One dead in Saturday crash near Marion - 10:32 pm
- Second half miscues led to Ohio State loss at Penn State - 7:50 am
- Northmor beats Cardington in sectional VB tournament title tilt - 6:22 pm
- Wolfpak Martial Arts in Mount Gilead graduates cub class students - 9:08 am
- Morrow County Chamber of Commerce welcomes Life Scout Kenton Kunze - 9:01 am
- Results from the Oct. 17 Cardington Mayor’s Court - 3:50 pm
- Meet your candidate for Morrow County Commissioner — Burgess Castle - 10:48 am
- High School Football Computer Poll, Oct. 18 - 7:54 pm
- Update: Crash on State Route 95 results in fatality - 2:38 pm updated: 9:39 am.
- Area residents graduate TOPS program - 11:15 am
- Reflections: Election rancor more than a century ago - 2:59 pm
- Cardington Library to participate in grant project - 2:51 pm
- Highland High School names first quarter honors - 1:33 pm
- Fairview United Methodist Church anniversary celebration to conclude with ‘Singspiration’ - 12:33 pm
- Meet candidate for Morrow County Commissioner–Mike Porter - 11:17 am updated: 11:30 am.
- Morrow County Genealogical Society to host October meeting - 8:53 am
- Mount Gilead Police calls - 11:03 am
- Wednesday crash in Morrow results in fatality - 10:42 am
- Edison United Methodist Church hosting fall steak supper - 9:34 am
- Ohio State to conduct controlled prarie burn at Marion campus - 9:14 am
- Cardington-Lincoln Intermediate names students of the month - 3:22 pm
- Mount Gilead FFA members compete at state soil judging competition - 2:22 pm
- Mount Gilead FFA gets hands-on leadership training - 2:19 pm updated: 9:18 am.
- Voting for November general election opens today - 1:14 pm
- Edison Street Commissioner Reeder set to retire - 8:57 am updated: 9:23 am.
- Guest speaker coming to Fargo Wesleyan Church in Marengo - 2:44 pm updated: 2:56 pm.
- Cardington-Lincoln and Northmor hosted collaborative food training effort - 2:05 pm
- Highland High School class of ‘76 holds 40th reunion - 4:17 pm
- Highland boat challenge showcases student ingenuity - 3:39 pm
- Cardington Council approves financial ordinances - 3:31 pm
- ‘Apple Butter Festival’ brings record numbers to Mount Gilead State Park - 3:27 pm
- Reflections: A glimpse of life in Cardington in the 1800’s - 2:59 pm
- Lutheran Memorial Camp hosts ‘Apple Butter Festival’ - 2:37 pm
- Friends of Cardington to host ‘Walk in the Cemetery’ event at Glendale - 1:39 pm
- Morrow County Historical Society serves up omelettes on Saturday - 12:58 pm
- Cardington-Lincoln crowns high school homecoming king and queen - 11:02 am
- Morrow Democrats open “Ohio Together” office - 10:00 am
- Mount Gilead Public Library seeks support for one mill levy - 8:59 am
Gilead Township Trustees look to voters to pass cemetery levy
The Gilead Township Cemetery Levy will appear on the ballot for township voters on the Nov. 8 general election ballot.Township trustees is asking for ...
Mount Gilead Council awards brush truck bid
Village voters will decide on the upcoming operating levy for the Mount Gilead Library in two weeks when polls open.Director of the library, Mike Kirk...
Cardington Board of Education updates district on key matters
Cardington-Lincoln School District Superintendent Brian Petrie offered comments on several topics when the board met in regular session on Oct. 10.Exp...
One dead in Saturday crash near Marion
MARION – Troopers from the Marion Post of the Ohio Highway Patrol are investigating a fatal crash on Saturday evening about 6 p.m.The crash occu...
Second half miscues led to Ohio State loss at Penn State
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. – It ended in a hurry.What once looked like it would be a comfortable victory quickly turned into a stunning 24-21 loss for O...
Northmor beats Cardington in sectional VB tournament title tilt
CARDINGTON — Northmor took the season series with Cardington in girls high school volleyball on Saturday, and with its 25-17, 25-23, 25-16 victo...
Ohio State might need an undefeated Michigan
COLUMBUS — The key word is almost. Ohio State almost still controls its own destiny after grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory last Saturday...
Ohio High School Computer Poll, Oct. 25, 2016
OHSAA Football Computer Ratings – Oct. 25, 2016Top eight schools from each region in the final report Oct. 30 will qualify for the playoffs.Divi...
MGMS girls’ cross country wins state meet
The Mount Gilead Middle School girls’ cross country team successfully defended their state championship at the OHSAA State Middle School/Junior ...
Northmor advances to districts with win over Cardington
By ROB HAMILTONMCSSports@civitasmedia.comA big comeback in the second set led Northmor through sectionals in volleyball by a 25-16, 25-23, 25-16 margi...
MG, Northmor lose close games
Mount Gilead took an early lead over Centerburg Friday night, but would not be able to hold on in the road game, losing by a 21-13 margin.Jonah Barnet...
MG edged on the road against Centerburg
By ROB HAMILTONMCSSports@civitasmedia.comMount Gilead took an early lead over Centerburg Friday night, but would not be able to hold on in the road ga...
Reflections: Remembering pep rallies and homecoming
I wonder if schools still hold pep rallies.I remember during my high school days a Pep Rally would be held on the day of a big game, football or baske...
Reflections: Cardington’s centennial celebration
Cardington held a six day celebration in October, 1936, marking its centennial anniversary.Under the guidance of John Kientz, committee chair, a varie...
Reflections: Cardington celebrates 180th anniversary
Reading and rereading the 1880 Morrow County history book I find something new each time I peruse it. I discovered that Cardington is 180 years old th...
Reflections: Remembering my high school band days
I grew up in a musical family and although I was trained on the piano, I wanted to be in the high school band.The Cardington High School Band had beco...
Reflections: It’s Morrow County Fair week
It’s Morrow County Fair week and I love the Morrow County Fair, as I have stated before. In fact, I love all county fairs as I think they are th...
Mount Gilead family’s haunted house to make third annual trick-or-treat appearance
School is back in session, football season is underway, which means Halloween isn’t too far off.The holiday couldn’t come quickly enough f...
Time to get ready for duck and goose seasons
Fall is finally here and with it comes my favorite season which is chasing those ducks and geese.The season could be promising with the continental po...
Tree stand safety always is important
The other evening I decided to take the pup out to work on some long water retrieves before it got dark. It was one of those evenings where we were se...
Let us all see the value of our work
You know you have a job to do, but sometimes there is something standing in your way.To write your column, you feel like you have to have the appropri...
Squirrel season opening soon
Sept. 1 marks the opener for squirrel season in Ohio and there is no better way to introduce a youngster to hunting. Ohio offers a very liberal and lo...
Historical perspective from Fulton
My ancestors traveled across the Atlantic in search of good farmland. When they arrived at a place that resembled their birthplace in Wales, they stop...
In the Mount Gilead Board of Education story that appeared in last week’s print edition, we incorrectly identified the pending millage transfer ...
Report: People in the Midwest actually appreciate hearing voice and music messages on hold
Generic ‘please hold’ messages are perceived as a major irritant for customers, but research has found people in the Midwest actually feel...
AgCredit announces profit sharing
AgCredit — one of northern Ohio’s largest lenders for farmers, rural homeowners and agribusiness—recently reported net income of $47...
In the red: Ohio women demand equal pay
COLUMBUS - It’s Equal Pay Day, an observance that symbolizes how far into 2016 women have to work to catch up to the wages men earned in 2015.De...
Central Ohio Center for Character Ethics adopted into BBB National Institute for Marketplace Trust
As part of its commitment to trust in the marketplace and ethical business leadership, the BBB Institute for Marketplace Trust (BBB Institute) is laun...
Auto sales up in February for Crawford, Morrow counties
February was a good month for year-to-year used auto sales in Crawford and Morrow counties.There were 321 used vehicles sold in February compared with...