June 23 Heritage Festival schedule announced
By Evelyn Long -
The schedule of events that will take place during the Cardington Heritage Festival has been announced. The event will be held Saturday, June 23, and kicks off at 11 am with a parade. The parade will line up at 10:30 am on Flint Street. It will step off at 11 am and follow a route on East Main Street to Water Street.
Events will take place in or near the American Legion Community Park.
• Live Music begins at 11:30am sponsored by Cardington Yutaka Technologies. Kenny Zink Amusements will offer rides and games for the kids throughout the afternoon sponsored by Morrow County Hospital.
• A Car show will take place in the parking lot of the former Kinsell Foods store on West Second Street. It is sponsored by NAPA.
• The Food Court will be sponsored by Byers, Delaware Ford and will offer a wide variety of food and beverages.
• A Dunk Tank will offer visitors the opportunity to Dunk a Police Officer and an Explorer.
• The Cornhole Tourney will run from 1 to 3 pm and is sponsored by First Federal Bank.
• Bingo games will be played from 3 to 5 pm in the fire house and is being sponsored by All Occasion Catering, Waldo.
• The Skateboard Contest begins at noon and is sponsored by Pirates Cove Pizza.
• The Cardington Rotary Club will be serving up a Bratwurst and hot dog supper from 3:30 to 6 pm in the Community Building.
• The Cardington Recreation Board will be offering free swims from 5 to 7 pm at the pool on Chesterville Avenue.
95.1 WVXG Classic Rock is the official radio station of the Cardington Heritage Festival.
This event is being organized by the Friends of Cardington and proceeds benefit the greater Cardington community. Jim Rowland is chairman.