January 14, 2014
Kudos to Randa Wagner and her article “When ‘wrong’ becomes ‘right’- and then becomes ‘normal’, Christian principles and values have lost their place in today’s world.” She had many insightful points and also questioned when in the last 40 years the system that worked so well for the majority of Americans began to quietly change “When people no longer hid the behavior they used to hide; when politicians no longer suffered consequences for immoral or unethical acts … when people began to EXPECT the government to take care of them; when there were no zombie or slasher movies and people were still shocked at extreme violence and explicit sex in films. Once upon a time we didn’t have to worry about our children being offered drugs at school or sexually assaulted in the restroom. And we didn’t know which kids and adults in our lives had an ‘alternative lifestyle,’ because they kept it to themselves.”
She recounted what GLAAD representative Wilson Cruz said about “The world is changing, the country is changing, and even the state in which Mr. Robertson lives is changing, and he needs to get in line.” I believe Mr. Cruz would likely say WE should get in line.
Well, it has taken longer than 40 years. It really started with Teddy Roosevelt and his Progressive Party and their Socialist ideas, followed by Woodrow Wilson who was influenced by Edward Mandell House who said he was working for “Socialism as dreamed of by Karl Marx.” Our Constitution has been disregarded, pretty much ignored, and shredded by FDR, and every President and Congress since WWII.
During this time Cleon Skousen, in his book “The Naked Communist”, exposed the communists’ 45 Goals for the Communist Takeover of America. I list only a few:
* Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States. (Has this happened?)
* Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks. (NEA and COMMON CORE?)
* Gain control of key positions on radio, TV, and motion pictures. (Has this happened?)
* Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV. (I am sure this is now considered the norm.)
* Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, and healthy.” (Done, done, and done.)
* Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a “religious crutch.” (What is taught in your church?)
* Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.” (this is not in the Constitution, only a comment in a letter Thomas Jefferson wrote in 1802.)
* Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce. (Done, done, and done.)
This should help answer some of the questions where our nation is headed. Let us (WE THE PEOPLE) turn it back around. “Way before the term politically correct there was a term freedom of speech – and every American had it.
Nelson Hack, Mount Gilead