The Morrow County Historical Society held an Open House at the Morrow County Museum “The Cross House” at 85 East Marion Street in Mount Gilead on Saturday December 14.
The Cross House is one of the oldest houses in Mt. Gilead, built by George D. Cross in 1829.
Attendees experienced an old fashioned Christmas with toys & decorations from the past. Each room was tastefully decorated with vintage decorations, displays and Christmas Cards.The theme throughout the museum was planes, trains and automobiles.
Phylis Miller explained that the WWII toy planes on display had belonged to her husband James who was a past president of the Historical Society.
The Marx train that adorned the table belonged to Vinton Morgan, a trustee. The train was given to him as a gift when he was a child in 1948.
Visitors could also see the permanent displays of Rumrill Pottery, made at the Florence Pottery factory in Mount Gilead from 1939 to 1941, and a virtual timeline of various laundry machines and methods.
Reach at or 419-946-3010.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices